✪ Current Status: Visa Furlough (Returning Soon)
✪ Our Field: Taiwan, China, & Asia
✪ Currently Living: Taoyuan, Taiwan
✪ Language Learned: Mandarin Chinese
✪ Serving Since: January 2009
✪ Serving With: Vision Baptist Missions
✪ Ministry Type: Church Planting, Leader Training, Asia Field Director
✪ Online Preaching: Click Here
✪ Online Giving: Click Here
✪ Contact Information: Click Here
✪ Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter
About China Ministry
Hello, our ministry is serving as missionaries to the Chinese people. My family and I have been serving as church planting missionaries to the country of China since 2009 and to Taiwan since 2019. Our family consists of me, my wife and our four beautiful girls and one handsome boy. This information page
Our aim and vision in ministry is to glorify God through making disciples, planting churches and training leaders. To accomplish this we know that we need to boldly proclaim the gospel in the face of persecution, establish many more New Testament local churches and train national leaders who can reach, lead and train their own people.
Another aspect of our ministry has been to produce Biblical materials and resources in the Chinese language to help edify the local believers and churches. We provide these resources for free on the internet, and we have them printed and shared inside the country. Also, we have been able to purchase and print Chinese Bibles inside China and distribute them at no additional cost to the nationals.
Finally, I serve as the Asia Director for Vision Baptist Missions. This role of service to other missionaries allows me to encourage them in their field of service, equip them to accomplish what God has called them to do, and enlist more labors to the harvest fields of Asia.
One again, thank you for looking over our information. After reviewing it, if the Lord leads, we would be honored to partner with you through prayer and financial support. Thank you for your consideration!
In His Joyful Service,
At the age of 17, I made the best decision of my life: I repented of my sin and put my faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Shortly after, I knew I wanted to serve Him with my life in missions. At the age of 19, I surrendered to go to China. (My wife and our two oldest daughters have also made professions of faith.)
After high school, I started to attend Bible College. In May 2007, I graduated. I also met my wife and we were married in August of the same year.
Both of us served and trained at our local church from 2006-2009. During our time there we were mentored, trained and involved in local church ministry.
In January 2009, we started full-time deputation (Deputation Update Videos 2008-2010). The Lord blessed and we moved to China in August of 2010 to start language school. During that time we worked under a senior missionary to receive additional training in China missions.
In 2012, we moved to a new city in Northeast China which has a population of over 6 million souls. We started pioneering our first church plant. Finally, by God’s help, Grace Baptist Church was officially organized on Sunday, November 9, 2014. The Lord has been growing His church and we have seen many souls saved and baptized over the years. The church was actively reaching out to the local community through its different ministries and at the same time edifying the saints inside the church. Besides their public worship services and Bible studies, the church also hosted a bilingual children’s ministry that reached out to unbelieving families. There was a great response to this ministry and we were excited about how God had used it.
As the church was growing, we were praying that God would give us men to train. Several men were in the discipleship funnel and eventually, God heard our prayers and gave us two men who surrendered to be full-time pastors. We trained those men for the next couple of years before we turned the church over to one of them as we left China for furlough. The other Chinese man also started helping a church in the same year. Since then he has pioneered his own church plant. Eventually, the Lord gave us a third Chinese man to train and influence on our Chinese pastoral team.
In July 2018, we left China to start our one-year furlough. This was a much needed time of rest, being encouraged, growing, learning and raising more financial and prayer support. Our furlough was delayed much longer than expected (due to visa delays, doctors visits, and getting everything done that needed to be done before our return, etc.) and we didn’t return to China until the fall of 2019.
In November 2019, we left the USA to return to China. A few days after our return, the Chinese pastor that we trained up was taken in by the Chinese Nation Security Bureau. Once the Chinese pastor returned, he informed us that they knew I was back in the city and they were seeking information about me to deport me from the country. We got council and prayed for guidance. We concluded that the Lord was leading us away from living in the mainland to living on the island of Taiwan. Choosing to stay would have put our ability to work in the mainland at high risk and continued to put more pressure on the locals to turn over information on me.
God was at work in our midst, and even though I didn’t understand all of it, I knew that the missionary life, and even more so, the Christian life, is a series of small steps of obedience following God’s leading. So just a few days later, in November 2019, we flew to Taiwan to continue our amazing journey there.
By March 2020, we were set up, and even in the midst of a relocation and all the chaos that COVID-19 brought, by the grace of the Lord, we hosted the first service of our new church plant, Victory Baptist Church. We are excited about what God is going to continue to do through this ministry! All glory to Him!
In September 2020, it was with great honor, privilege, and humility to announce that I was asked to serve as the “Asia Field Director” for Vision Baptist Missions. I humbly accepted this role of service that allows me to encourage and equip other missionary families with our board in Asia, as well as, enlist others in Asia missions and world evangelism.
We will still be living on the field and serving as church-planting missionaries, so little will change in this aspect of our current ministry, but this new responsibility will allow our scope of influence and ministry to expand from the island of Taiwan to all of Asia.
Will you praise God with us for the ministry He has already accomplished in China?
For more update videos, click here.
China is a “closed country,” meaning that there are certain restrictions placed on traditional missions methods or that the gospel is unwelcome by the government or community. But through our experience, we have learned to trust God and not fear man and attempt to faithfully advance with a wise-forwardness. Thus, our vision for China, Taiwan, and all of Asia is to: boldly proclaim the gospel to evangelize the lost; establish many more new testament local churches that are self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating; equip and train national leaders who can reach, lead and train their people.
We know that fruitful ministry in China has not and will not come without persecution from the government. We have already dealt with police interruptions, raids, threats, confiscations, the deportation of our American teammates, and the jailing and physical beating of our Chinese teammates. But we are willing to follow Jesus no matter the cost. There is still so much to be done among the millions in China.
Taiwan has freedom religiously but is enslaved to idol worship passed down through the traditions of their family and culture. Persecution doesn’t only come from hostile governments but also from within our own families. Following Jesus could disrupt their family life. When a person chooses Jesus over their family, then they have been set at variance against them. The path to follow Jesus is not easy.
In China, Taiwan, Asia, and all the world Jesus is worthy to receive the reward of His sufferings. Afflictions, trials, and persecutions are part of the Christian life and can be expected in a disciple of Christ just as evident as it was in the life of Christ. Thus, we need an army of servants who are full of passion to make Jesus known on the frontlines of missions—no matter the cost!
Will you consider giving your life for the cause and join us?
Thank you for taking the time to review our information. We know that we couldn’t do anything without the help of God’s people. We implore you to give, pray, serve and become part of our “China Ministry” team. For more information, to book us for a meeting (when we are in the States), or to inquire how to get involved through becoming a supporter, please contact us. Consider becoming one of our partners.
Our partners are those who take part in this mission through being involved in:
- Giving financially to the ministry—this enables us to serve in a full-time capacity and have the needed ministry funds.
- Praying fervently for the ministry—pray that we can be emboldened to serve and speak God’s Word by the Holy Spirit.
- Following Intently our updates through the different means of communication—stay current with our ministry updates.
- Going obediently into their local communities and trying to reach them—evangelism and discipleship through your local church.
May we all continue pressing forward and keep fighting the good fight. May we strive every day to know Jesus, to be happy in Him, and to make Him known!
Are you actively involved in helping us reach the World with the gospel?
We are in complete agreement with the doctrinal statement of our sending church and mission Board, Vision Baptist Church and Missions. Below is a summary of our doctrinal statement:
- The Bible: We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that it is divinely inspired. We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration, that it is the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man, and the supreme, infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- God: We believe in the Trinity, the unity of the Godhead. There are three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are equally perfect in every divine quality, and execute distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit.
- The Father: We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He infallibly foreknows all that shall come to pass, that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ: We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is God. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
- Man: We believe that all men by nature, choice and practice are sinners, but that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” We believe, therefore, that those who repent of their sins and by faith receive Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence, and those who refuse to receive Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God.
- Eternal State: We believe in a literal Heaven, the eternal home of the redeemed. We believe Heaven to be the literal place where the saved will live forever in the eternal bliss and blessings of God. We believe in Hell, the Christ-less eternity for the lost, where there will be burning and tormenting for those without salvation, who have refused to receive the gospel and Jesus Christ as Lord. We believe that Hell, unbelievers, Satan and all the fallen angels shall be cast into the lake of fire to be tormented day and night forever and forever.
- Salvation: We believe salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Baptism: We believe in baptism by immersion after salvation with no merit for salvation in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Spirit). We reject infant baptism and any form of sprinkling for infants or adults. Baptism is an outward expression of our faith in Jesus Christ and simply a public testimony of what God has done by His grace.
- The Church: We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of professing, born-again believers in Jesus Christ, immersed on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to those local churches we are committed, for perpetual observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and that God has laid upon these churches the task of proclaiming to a lost world the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and the enthroning of Him as Lord and Master. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
- Eternal Security: We believe in the eternal security of all blood-bought individuals or believers and that such inheritance is incorruptible, and undefiled, and that each believer is kept by the power of God and nothing can separate us from Him, ourselves included. We believe that believers can lose the joy of fellowship with God, can grieve God and can quench the Spirit of God in him or her, but not lose his/her salvation.
- For the complete doctrinal statement, please click here.