Continued from… | 1 |
In Relation to Fearlessness
Boldness is also characterized by fearlessness (Mark 15:43). Philippians 1:14 says “many of the brethren in the Lord … are much more bold to speak the word without fear.” This verse connects boldness with speaking but it adds “without fear” meaning the brethren are more daring! They are more willing to take risk now. The meaning of “much more bold” here shows that they are overcoming their fear.
After doing a quick word study and seeing the characteristics of what it means to be “bold,” we should check our lives to see if it aligns to the correct view of boldness in proclaiming the gospel.
Missionaries working in closed countries need to check their ministries to see whether they are openly, clearly and freely speaking the Word of God.
If you find that you are not falling into the “speaking bold” category, then you need to ask “why?” Have you not taken the time to meditate and build your confidence on the rock of Jesus? Is fear paralyzing you? Consider the below action plan…
Here are five steps to help move in the direction of becoming a bold proclaimer:
- Look up the verses mentioned in this post. Read, think, pray.
- It starts with being bold in the name of the Lord Jesus. We have to know Jesus and see Him for who He really is. We have to trust Him and reckon His promises to be true. Count all lost for Christ. This is the foundation.
- Get around others who are “bold” and risky with the gospel. Encouragement from others who are on the frontline daring to take the gospel across enemy lines is a great way to start overcoming your fear (Philippians 1:14).
- Get involved in boldly speaking the Word of God. In Acts we see they were speaking the Word of God from city to synagogue. They were boldly speaking for differing periods of time. It became characteristic of who they were. Let it be come characteristic of who you are.
- Pray for Boldness (Acts 4:29-31; Ephesians 6:19). As my co-laborer points out in his article, there is a connection with “bold speaking” and “the filling of the Holy Spirit”. Pray the Holy Spirit does a work in your life and grants you to boldly speak the Word of God!