After trying to mobilize people for missions (and dealing with many of the issues yourself) you realize that people have tons of reason that they don’t want to or can’t go to the mission field.
I want to attempt to name a few of those reasons and encourage us to go in-spite of the excuses.
We need laborers. Our excuses are lame. Missions is hard. We need men.
May we be like Isaiah, when the Lord said “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” He volunteered saying “Here am I; send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)
Notice that Isaiah was willing to go and surrendered to go.
Men who are willing to…. (Luke 9:23)
- Say no to what they want, desire, and/or need for the sake of the gospel and following Christ.
- To share the gospel in spite of what people think about you.
- Die to wanting to always wanting to be accepted by your peers and know rejection is a way of life.
- Die to their plans and willing to bear “their cross” and God’s plan for their life.
- Do anything he may ask of you to the point of death.
Unwillingness is the heart of the issue with the following post just referring to the symptoms.
Do you have a willing heart to “seek first the kingdom of God” (Matthew 6:33).
Let’s stop seeking after our kingdom and start seeking after HIS.