I often get asked about deputation. A while back I was asked by a friend about starting deputation and I sent him a list of random “tips” similar to the one below:
- Get out of debt ASAP.
- Save as much as possible.
- Call as much as possible in the beginning (it is hard to after you are traveling).
- Have an awesome video.
- Work hard.
- Preach the house down.
- Be thankful in everything.
- Don’t cry about a $5 love offering when it cost you $150 to get there.
- Be a giver. Maybe you need to give to the pastor instead of him giving to you.
- Trust God not money.
- Keep a tender heart.
- Don’t become prideful.
- Know you are not a hero of the faith, no matter what people say.
- Lift up Jesus!
I know this is random advice, and there is much more to say about deputation, but I hope this is helpful!