Following the same style as the first and second set of lessons, this third set of lessons presents ten new truths that are essential for Christian growth. Understanding who we are “in Christ” is foundational for understanding our new identity. For a believer, everything is new and understanding these positional truths will help us understand how to live out who we really are.
I really enjoyed putting these lessons together because it strengthened me and gave me a greater appreciation for the grace of God, leading me to worship and praise of the One who radically and eternally changed my life!
I am in debt to the many who are unnamed, but have read these lessons and proofread them for me. Thank you!
Here is the introduction to Firm Foundations Three, Christian Identity:
Realizing The Faith
Christians have been given a new identity in Jesus Christ. Our identity tells us who we are and what we are like. Even if we haven’t realized these truths, they are already true and have been since we were born again. Our response to realizing all that God has given us in Jesus Christ should be humble praise and gratitude. Our position in Christ should have practical implications for the way that we choose to live out our lives. In these lessons, we want to help you explore these positional truths and their practical applications.
Book 3, Lessons 21-30
This is the third book in our Firm Foundations Series. This book covers the third set of ten lessons to help you realize your faith. These lessons are the basics of understanding who you are in Christ. Hopefully, they will help you realize your new position in Christ and how you should live for God based on it. These lessons include:
- New Standing: In Christ, I Am Called, Justified, And Glorified By God.
- New Relationship: In Christ, I Am A Saint, Friend, And Son Of God.
- New Creature: In Christ, I Am Freed, Renewed, And Yielded To God.
- New Appreciation: In Christ, I Am Blessed, Accepted, And Loved By God.
- New Perspective: In Christ, I Am Afflicted, Rewarded, And Victorious.
- New Assurance: In Christ, I Am Eternally Secure.
- New Holiness: In Christ, I Am Gloriously Sanctified.
- New Privilege: In Christ, I Am A Royal Priest.
- New Roles: In Christ, I Am A Man Or Woman Of God.
- New Purpose: In Christ, I Am Not My Own.
About The Lessons
Each lesson has a main truth, a simple outline that supports it, Bible references under many of the points, and review questions at the end. These lessons are best used when a mature believer is able to guide you through them, studying one lesson per session.