Dear Pastors, Partners & Praying Friends,
As we were out soul winning on a Friday morning, my partner and I were walking down the steps from the third floor of an apartment building when an Indian man greeted us. We exchanged some words with him and I asked him the question, “If you died today are you 100% sure you would go to heaven?” He almost instantly replied, “50/50”. We continued talking and he invited us into his apartment. We spent the next half hour or so explaining the gospel to him and helping with some of the confusion that he had, apparently from his upbringing. By the end of our conversation, he got on his knees and prayed to ask God to save him. After he got done praying he said, “Now I know 100% that I am saved!” Praise the Lord for saving another sinner!
Special Projects and Needs:
- Church Planting Fund: $10,000 – Lord willing, we are heading back to China this fall and will plant another church. In preparing for this church plant, we are raising funds to be prepared for all the cost in starting a new church. This covers, Lord willing, about a year’s rent, utilities for that year, church furniture, materials, Bibles and any of the small expenses that come with planting a new church.
- Reentry Setup Fund: $20,000 – As we prepared for furlough, we put much of our things, furniture and vehicle into storage, but also several things were sold because of the need to upgrade to meet the demands of our growing family, etc., when we return to the field. Thus, we will not only be looking to purchase those items that need to be replaced (certain furniture and appliances), but also need the funds for plane tickets, at least three months rent, and the cost of visas before we return.
Praises, Prayer Requests, Updates and Announcements:
- Persecution/Church Update: The persecution in our China ministry seems to have settled down, although one of the men reportedly still gets phone calls from the police to keep tabs on him. The church we started has rented a new space and continue to have services.
- Teammates Update: Our teammates who had to flee the country because of persecution were able to return to China and setup in a new city without any problems. Praise the Lord.
- New Support Update: We have raised additional new support this past month which makes our new support goal almost reached on furlough based on promised amounts, but we are only at 90% of that goal based on what has been sent in. This goal was set as the minimum we needed to raise before we return to China and any above it is needed and will help us to do more than we expected. We have truly been blessed and want to be a blessing.
- Furlough Travels: Sine our last prayer letter, we had meetings in: TN, IN, OH, GA, and MT. I was also able to teach a “Discipleship Course” at the Our Generation Training Center.
Thank you! We know that we couldn’t do anything without the help of God’s people. Thank you for giving, praying, serving, and being a part of our “China Ministry” team. We are especially fond of you! Let us continue pressing forward and keep fighting the good fight. May we strive every day to know Jesus, to be happy in the Him, and to make Him known!
In His Joyful Service,