As last reported:
On Wednesday, May 20th, Pastor Austin Gardner was taken to the hospital by ambulance because he had very low oxygen levels. He was admitted into the ICU and is being treated for pneumonia and COVID-19. He is in serious condition and could use your prayers.Urgent: Pray for Pastor Gardner
The most recent update:
On Thursday, May 21st, Pastor Austin Gardner was intubated. He will be asleep for 5-15 days and hopefully this will help him get better. There were also going to start plasma treatments.
He is in serious condition and was very sick when he was admitted.
Please continue to lift him up to the Lord with us. I have combined different prayer requests list from friends to help us know how to pray.
- Pray for God to heal his body – to restore and sustain his health.
- Pray for his oxygen levels to return to normal and remain there.
- Pray for wisdom for the doctors and nurses to give the right treatment – they are serving us by serving our pastor.
- Pray for a peace that passes all understanding and a strong faith that continues to reject anxiety and panic – trust God in this situation.
- Pray for comfort for the family (and all whom this affects), especially since they can’t be together at this time and family that is currently on the mission field.
- Pray for his wife Mrs. Betty – peace, comfort, wisdom, strength in the Lord. Pastor rarely gets sick so this is not something she is accustomed to, not to mention she can’t be there with him at this moment.
- Pray for his kids: Chris, Stephanie, Joy, and David; and also their spouses, and grandkids. Also pray for David and Katie as they are trying to get back to the states to be with the family.
May God grant our petitions. May God’s will be done.
Please help out a friend if you are willing and able!
Pastor Austin Gardner’s son, David Gardner, is a missionary serving in Peru, South America, and is currently there. We are trying to help him and his family to return to the States. But like other countries around the world, Peru is in lockdown and it’s expensive to leave the country. He needs approximately $15,500 to cover the expenses for his family of 6. His home church has already given $5,000 towards this need.
If you would like to help you can give through Vision Baptist Missions or PayPal. (Note: Designate for David Gardner.)
Thank you for your generosity, love and prayers during this time.
We are looking to the Lord.
More Verses of Encouragement
14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
3 John 2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
1 Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, But unto thy name give glory, For thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.