Our attitude in witnessing should always be one of genuine love and concern. We should always declare and tell the truth but tell it in love. Our message itself is offensive, so we don’t need to add to that by the way we act or by having a bad attitude. (For example, many times in witnessing we can find ourselves getting upset with the person we are talking to because they are being hard to work with or trying to argue with you about something.)
In 2nd Timothy, we find how our attitude and actions are supposed to be when we are doing the work of the Lord.
2 Timothy 2:24-26 “And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
1. MUST NOT STRIVE
• Strive means to fight or make war.
• Don’t go out and be argumentative and mean. Quarrelsome.
2. BE GENTLE TO ALL MEN
• Gentle means to be mild or kind
• How do you come across to other people?
3. APT TO TEACH (HEART OF A TEACHER)
• This means you are able to teach or instruct someone
• This means that you are willing to spend the time to do so
• Forbearing; To keep on keeping on
• Enduring of evil and despite the outcome
5. MEEKNESS IN INSTRUCTING
• Having a humble spirit; gentleness
• Calmly show them the truth
As a servant of the Lord, go proclaim His truth today!