We started out the year going full speed and we are excited to be involved with so many areas of ministry as we travel on deputation. The majority of our meetings were in Georgia last month so we were able to help around our home church as they moved into a new building and go visiting in Chinatown Atlanta. Also, since most of our meetings are close this semester, I am able to teach a class in the Our Generation Training Center. There are fourteen students in my class and it is exciting to see so many preparing for the mission field.
Even though we had the privilege of serving in our home church this past month it didn’t keep us from moving forward and presenting our burden in several churches. We were in some great missions conferences:
- Good News Baptist Church, Steve Smith, Candler, NC
- Lighthouse Baptist Church, Charles Blackstock, Dawsonville, GA
- Ridgeview Baptist Church, Wayne Sexton, Walland, TN
- Henry Baptist Church, Archie Norman, McDonough, GA
We were in fourteen churches total in January and participated in two events. One of those events was the Our Generation Summit in Gatlinburg, TN. The Lord blessed that meeting and we are now seeing fruit from it as the Lord “sends forth” laborers into His harvest.
We are excited to see what the Lord is going to do over the next several months. We ask that you will continue to pray for the following:
- It is our desire, Lord willing, to leave for the field on August 10, 2010.
- A healthy new baby and my wife during pregnancy (Due June 27).
- Raising funds for our “Setup Fund.” (Four Airplane Tickets: $5,600; Rent for a Year: $6,000; Hotel Cost: $420; Visas: $630; Customs: $2,000; Basic Furniture: $1,500. Visit our website, www.projectchina.org for more items and details!)
Thank you for being a part of our team, Project China, with your prayer and financial support!
January in Review
- January was our 13th month on full-time deputation.
- We were able to be in 14 churches and attend 2 events.
- We added 1 new supporter and only need about 35 more!
- We are currently at 61% of our support!
- We drove 2,721 miles and were in 3 states: TN, GA, & NC.