Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Here is a summary of what I have learned out of Romans 8:28.
All things that happen in my life, as a born again Christian, somehow are working together for the good purpose of making me like Jesus.
I want to walk as He walked. I want to be as He was and is.
So as we travel this journey called life, we have this confidence and hope in Him, that the trial I am in and the things that are taking place in my life right now are good because they are making me more like HIM!
Quick breakdown of the verse:
- we know – The “we” are those who are “in Christ Jesus” vs. 1 “know” something that we can be assured of.
- all things – “all things” = Everything, every situation that happens.
- work together – All the different things that happen in a believer’s life, work for a common purpose. Each small area is part of a greater picture.
- for good – This greater purpose is never for the bad, but always for the good. We don’t get to define good, God does!
- to them that love God – A born again Christian loves God because God first loved him. (1 John 4:19)
- to them who are the called – God has chosen us, saved us, and has a plan for our lives
- according to his purpose – It is HIS purpose! Not ours! His purpose is for us to be like Jesus = “to be conformed to the image of his Son,” vs 29