We made it to China, praise the Lord! We left the States on Tuesday, August 10th and made it to our city on Wednesday night. Time is going by so fast and it is hard to believe that we have already been here for over a month. We are in the processes of trying to finish setting up our home and we will be starting language school at the end of this month, Lord Willing.
Before we left for the field, last month, we were able to be in 4 more churches in 3 states: GA, TN, & SC, traveling 689 miles. One of those churches took us on for support in the service. We had more churches that partnered with us last month and moved our support total up to 94%.
We were honored last month to have a goodbye service from Fellowship Baptist Church in Maryville, TN. They have been a friend to our family and ministry. Also, our last service in the states was a “Blessing Service” for us at Vision Baptist Church in Alpharetta, GA (our home church). We were humbled to be presented with a sword, box of letters, to have an offering taken up, and to have our church, friends and family lay their hands on and pray over us.
Please continue to pray for our family and ministry as we are adjusting to this new phase in our lives. Here are few praises and prayer request for you to take before the Lord:
- We were able to get almost everything taken care of before we left and had a good departure.
- We had safe passage on each of the three different flights before we arrived at our destination.
- We found a place to live and are moved in!
- Pray for our language learning. Our goal is to start language school this month.
- Pray as we finish setting everything up. It can be difficult being in a new place, with a new language and culture.
Thank you for being a part of our team, Project China, with your prayers and financial support!