I showed up just a few minutes before 8:00 AM on Wednesday morning to the church near our home. I went to my new friend’s little house and he invited me in. I visit him there for a minute and then went into the church. I was surprised to see the auditorium was only 1/4 of the way full. The ushers guided me towards the front and I had a seat. About 10 minutes after 8 the service finally started and the old man found me and came and sat with me. Here is how the service went:
- Opening Prayer
- Sing 10 Hymns from the Hymn Book and 2 Choruses not in the book (several of the songs sounded like the same songs that we sing in America).
- Read Numbers Chapter 10 and 11
- Pray, Sing, Pray, Short Message
- Read a portion of Revelation 3 together, Prayer, Main Message
- Prayer Time (everyone prayed individually and it seemed that people turned in prayer request and they read them from the pulpit for people to pray over.)
- Song, Quoted a Saying Together, Prayer
As I am sure you can tell from this order of service, that the service was long! It was about 2.5 Hours! But by the end of the service the auditorium was packed. People just kept coming in filling the place up.
When the service was over, I bought a Bible and Hymn book and then went on my way (actually my new friend wanted to come and see my house but I didn’t understand that until we got close to my house and I already had plans to meet another Chinese family there, so I had to drive him back).