1) Grammar. Our understanding of grammar is moving along as we get into more complex sentences and structures. I would say my understanding of a grammar pattern is futher along than being able to use each patter fluently. We are still drilling away in language school!
2) Reading. I have already finished a couple books in pinyin and will finished my third book within the next month. Each book I have seen my “reading with understanding” increase. I am currently still reading about six hours a week with a teacher.
3) Bible Reading. Reading the Bible almost every morning has really increased my reading speed. I was able to find a good medium for me, about 25 verses a day, as I am currently reading through the New Testament.
4) Characters. I started this month with learning characters. My plan is to add characters into my learning process. Every week I want to learn about 50 characters, or 10 a day Monday-Friday; writing each one ten times to learn the strokes, drilling with flashcards to remember the character and study the word and its meaning to make sure I have a good grasp on it.
5) Preaching. I had the privilege to preach a quick charge to one of the Chinese preacher’s at his ordination. Next month I will be back on schedule to add five minutes, Lord willing.